1. Registered Nursing Association of Ontario – https://rnao.ca/sites/rnao-ca/files/Patient-centred_health_records_backgrounder.pdf
3. OpenNotes Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis of Patients’ Perceptions of the Patient Portal Experience with OpenNotes - https://www.thieme-connect.com/products/ejournals/html/10.1055/s-0038-1676588
4. Canada Health Infoway Executive Summary - National Results titled “Valuing Canadians’ Secure Access to their Health Information and Digital Health eServices - https://www.infoway-inforoute.ca/en/component/edocman/3552-valuing-canadians-secure-access-to-their-health-information-and-digital-health-eservices/view-document?Itemid=0
5. Journal of Medical Internet Research - The impact of electronic patient portals on patient care: a systematic review of controlled trials - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3510722/
6. Patient Educational website for Pathology Report Interpretation - https://www.mypathologyreport.ca
"For me, it was quickly apparent that timely and immediate access to Clinical Records would be useful in keeping me informed and prepared for conversations with the medical personnel in charge of my care. It also became apparent that this information would be available for me to share and distribute to others."
- Peter, Patient and Family Advisor,
MyChart User, Hamilton, ON
“Patients accessing their own health record, being aware, engaged and in control of their own personal information is one of the best ways to advance the provincial digital health strategy and I certainly recommend all providers support this important initiative in any way possible."
- Andrew Williams, Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance President and CEO